Today was a pretty relaxed Sunday. This was much needed as MacroBoy & I ventured to Ikea yesterday & that requires some getting over haha.
The good thing about the trip is that it was a complete success & my craft room has been very much made over now, so I will do a post on that very soon (just have to get MacroBoy to hang some artwork for me).
I promised a colleague I would make her a treatment to help her get to sleep & hopefully have a more restful sleep.
I based my recipe off Shalom Mama’s, however I’ve made my own tweaks.
You will need:
– 1/8 cup Lemon Balm
– 1/8 cup Chamomile Flowers
– 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
– 1 tbsp beeswax
– 15 drops each of Lavender, Cedarwood & Lemon essential oils
– Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
– Melt your coconut oil (either in a saucepan on low heat or in the microwave) then add this to an oven proof bowl & add your lemon balm & chamomile flowers
– Once the oven is up to temperature, turn it off & place the bowl with herbs & oil in the oven for at least 3 hours
– After leaving the herbs to steep in the oil, strain the herbs so you are just left with the oil, then place this oil along with beeswax into a small saucepan on a low heat
– When the beeswax is completely melted, take the oil off the heat & add your essential oils
– Pour this into your container & you are done
I rub a small amount onto to the soles of my feet & a little dab onto my temples each night as I get into bed. I love it & find it incredibly effective.
Whilst I was waiting for the herbs to steep in the oil I went to try out my new & improved craft room. To accompany my sleep balm gift, I decided to make a little zipper pouch to hold the tin.
It was my first attempt (& success) at working with a zip. I did OK, it isn’t perfect, but at the same time, I thought it was going to be a whole lot harder, so I was definitely pleasantly surprised & will not shy away from zipper installation in the future.
This zipper pouch is something I could put together easily in an hour or so & would be great for gifts. I can already think of one other person who desperately needs a pencil case upgrade at work, so I will add them to my gift list.
You may notice the photos in this post are far better than usual…I will happily admit I employed MacroBoy’s services for these.
Have a great week!